CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Embarrassing

Oh, boy.

Yesterday I wore a white skirt to work. I was feeling all confident, and cute, and composed. . .

AND THEN.

I went to a medical luncheon at AF Hospital. On my way back out to the car it was my horror to have pointed out to me that I had something on the back of my skirt. For half a moment I thought it was something else, but upon closer inspection, I decided it was chocolate. Since we had been served chocolate chip cookies for dessert at the luncheon, I concluded that there must have been a chocolate chip on my chair. The chair I had just vacated, which means only one person had seen it.

Feeling much better, I then realized something else: I had patients coming into the office in 20 minutes, and the drive from AF Hospital to my office takes 10 minutes.

SO. Quick as a whistle (what does that even mean?) I decided my best option was to buy a new skirt in the next 10 minutes. So I zoomed into the Lindon Walmart, picked up the first skirt I saw that matched my shirt, paid, and left. I got to my office just in time, and the skirt looked great. Saved!

. . .and then this morning when I got in my car to come to work, I brushed some dirt off my driver's seat, and remembered how my windows had been open a couple days ago when we had that dust storm.

Dang. Maybe I DID have the stain on my skirt all morning.

0 comments:

O Holy Night