CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Rodeo

So last week I went on a date to the Heber rodeo. Although I knew I probably wouldn't be as excited and intrigued by it as most of the people around here are, I expected to at least have a passive interest in the tricks and skills that would take place.

Well, that didn't happen. About 20 minutes into it I apparantly became a PETA activist when I started crying because the way they were treating the animals was making me sick to my stomach. Needless to say, we left and just walked around the booths outside the arena for a while.

Now, the rodeo around here is HUGE. It seems like everyone goes, and everyone loves it. So please do not think that I am condemning anyone who likes the rodeo, because I was as surprised as anyone when I realized how much I did NOT like it, and why.

1 comments:

mkgs said...

I had a similar experience at the circus last weekend! There were picketers outside the event center holding signs saying "they perform out of fear" and things like that about the animals. I didn't pay much attention to them, but when the circus started the first animal act was with dogs catching Frisbees, and I couldn't stop thinking about the performing out of fear thing. It made me kind of sad. Then they had TIGERS doing tricks like puppies, sitting up on their back legs and hopping around and stuff, and it just looked so demeaning. It definitely wasn't my favorite thing.

O Holy Night