CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

And Then There Were None


Okay, I HIGHLY recommend this book to you. I just finished reading "And Then There Were None" by Agatha Christie, and it was AMAZING! I actually consider it one of the best books I've read in a long time, and I've read some pretty good books recently! It's no wonder it's so well-known.



Just as a short synopsis for anyone who doesn't know, "And Then There Were None" is a mystery book about 10 people who wind up on an island together and slowly get killed one by one. Thankfully, it is not at all gruesome, gritty, or scary (one of the reasons I rarely read mysteries is because I get nightmares easily). But it definitely is a mystery, and the ending completely blew me away because I could not figure out who the murderer was!



I read this book because my youngest sister Roshini recently wrote a script called "And Then There Was a Nun" which loosely parallels Agatha Christie's book. It took maybe an hour for her to tell me the whole story of her play, which was very detailed and impressive, so it made me go read the real book so that I would understand better the subtle similarities.



Great stuff. Really, go read it. (I sound like Reading Rainbow)

1 comments:

Miri said...

you have to say "but don't take my word for it!" good old lavar burton. i think we should do a mystery month for book club.

O Holy Night