CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Mr. Nice Guy

Today at work something very nice and unexpected happened. It was one of those mornings where the phone was ringing off the hook and I was a little frazzled trying to update all the Christmas parties. In the middle of this madness, Tanner, one of the servers at the restaurant, came walking up to the hostess stand with a tall Irish mug full of steaming hot apple cider. He said, "Here Tasha, cuz Bizzle isn't here to make it for you this year."

How sweet!!!!!

Let me explain: My favorite coworker, nicknamed "Bizzle" by the staff, was a manager at the restaurant and the person I connected most with. We used to refer to each other as our "work husband" and "work wife." We would always go to the work parties together. Completely platonic though. Anyway, last winter, every morning when I got to work he would make me a tall mug of apple cider to warm up before the lunch crowd came. It was a very sweet tradition until about March when we ran out of cider, probably because of me. Unfortunately, "Bizzle" doesn't work at the restaurant anymore, and I miss him very much. Tanner, who has also worked at the restaurant for a long time, witnessed this scene and had the heart to remember this tradition of winters past and totally make my day. Thanks Tanner!

0 comments:

O Holy Night