CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Wedding

I'm sorry I haven't written in a while (I don't know why I'm apologizing, no one knows about this blog!) but December has been busy. I was working at the restaurant almost every night to help out with the Christmas parties and things and that severely limited my free time.

A highlight from December:

This devastatingly handsome guy is my favorite cousin in the world. He got married a couple days after Christmas. This was a surprisingly hard day for me - I've been having a really hard time "letting him go." Ever since we were toddlers every picture taken of me when visiting Idaho has Dare seated right next to me. As kids we played together; as teenagers we confided all our secrets to each other; as college students we talked about our dreams for the future and wrote letters constantly while he was on his mission. He's always been kind of the brother I never had. But now he has a girl he can keep forever, and it's been quite a change to have him focus all his attention on her instead of me. I mean, I always knew he'd get married someday, but it was still hard. Even still, I'm happy for him, in a sad kind of way. He's the best guy I've ever known and he deserves to be happy.
Moving on to less emotional topics - my car is almost fixed! It broke down on me a full month ago but I was so busy working I didn't have time to take it to a shop. About a week ago one of my neighbors very kindly offered to help. He knows a lot about cars and has been doing a lot of legwork for me, finding this one little piece I need for my car. It shouldn't be as big of a deal as it is, but my car is European, and parts are hard to find. :) Anyway, the part came in yesterday so it should be pretty easy from here. I'll post a picture once it's done!

0 comments:

O Holy Night