CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Purpose

I think that lately I've been having a sort of existential breakdown. You know, the kind that most people are already supposed to have gone through by my stage of life. The whole time I was in school I felt like I had such purpose, that I was contributing so much to the community by doing my part to be educated so that I could make the world a better place. Ever since I graduated I've felt a little. . .not lost really, but more like I'm not sure I'm on the BEST path. I mean, my schooling did its purpose - I was just offered a full time position that I LOVE and where I get to help people. It's not just about work though - I just kind of feel like I'm living my life going through the motions, without any real goal in sight. It's really a feeling I've had for a couple years now, but maybe I'm just more aware of it now because I don't have school to distract me anymore. This is really hard for me because I remember a time when I felt like there wasn't anything more I could ask out of life, and now instead I just feel a little helpless as I watch life happen, like I'm not in control of my own destiny anymore. I know that's not true, but it FEELS like it. Although, to be sure, that "perfectness" I remember could have just been the glory of youth, and now that I'm considered an adult I don't look at life through such rose-colored glasses. Sorry these thoughts are so scattered - although it gives a good insight into what living in my head is like. :)

Please tell me other people have felt this way.

0 comments:

O Holy Night